Sunday 2 September 2012

Puerto Princessa Frolics

We left early at around 6 AM going back to Puerto Princesa, I said to myself I would go back in El Nido. Again the ride took 5 hours, but it didn't matter as we were just sleeping all the way. And looking at the city, it is indeed one of the cleaner cities in the Philippines... and I just love the laid back setting of the country, with tricycles as the main mode of transportation. We didn't have so much itinerary for the day as our intent is to just watch and see the city, we were pretty much tired.

 We decided to check out Baker's Hill for our pasalubong stuff. We've heard there are a lot of food goodies over there. I thought it was just some bakery on top of a hill...it turned out like a mini-family park with restaurants,play grounds, and gardens.








The petals that were neatly arranged in a stoup. Pretty creative indeed!








 A wooden pathway leading to numerous gardens that have different themes.











The cactus as one of its garden themes.











After all the pasalubongs were bought, its time to check the nightlife. We decided to dine at Kinabuchs Grill and Bar. Food was great, not that expensive though.













We stayed at Manny's Guest House. The atmosphere is very homey as the owner of the house converted their 2nd-storey floor into an inn. It is truly a haven for back-packers as the room rates are very affordable. Since we were just looking for a place to stay,and its just an overnight stay for us in Puerto Princesa, a homey accommodation would just do.


Let me see the health of my finances for the day:


Day 5
Sunday
484
Bus Ride
126
Lunch
230
Pasalubong
200
dinner
184
overa-all transpo
55
drinks
1279
Total

My budget as I went back to Cebu:


Day 6
Monday
40
Terminal Fee
27
Tricycle
100
Taxi
167
Total 

For the over-all expense of my trip:


1046
Day 1
   2551
Day 2
1080
Day 3
992
Day 4
1279
Day 5
167
Day 6
7115
Total  

Our target budget was at Php 7,000 yet I exceeded a couple of bucks. Well, that's fine, its still near the budget, and besides we're on vacation so I guess a handy extra would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment